“A long new period begins in my life.”
—Elizabeth Haich, “Initiation”
Welcome to Butterfly Language, a look at the world inside and outside my head!
Whelp, I have a little bit of a splitting headache this morning, but I’m going to sally forth and attempt to get this post up—
I have a hard time what to decide to write about though…should I start with that on this day in 1997, 39 people were found dead on the Heaven’s Gate compound? Should I give you my no-doubt long-awaited “take” on the conclusion of the Mueller investigation?
Or…should I talk about…Mercury in Retrograde???
March 5 to 28 this month featured a bear of a Mercury Retrograde, the fearsome, toothy likes of which I have not seen for quite some time. According to astrology (if you believe in such things), it’s a period of time where things get all screwed up and backwards (because Mercury literally looks like it is going “backwards” in the sky). You should not start anything while Mercury is in Retrograde.
In fact, the only thing Mercury in Retrograde is allegedly good for, according to the lore, is to **review** past stuff. Introspection.
I did NOT listen to this astrological advice…and while I will not get into specifics (a first for usually TMI me, right?), Mercury in Retrograde MASSIVELY kicked my ass.
Doing a cursory scan of various blog posts, Tweets, and Reddit threads (you know: a scientific assessment) I noticed that I was not the only person observing some seriously messed up stuff happening during this time period.
And it all kind of reminded me of the Netflix movie Bandersnatch, in that there was a bit of break-neck “wrong choice, mate” stuff going on.
This all goes back, at least for me, to the idea of a “Quickening” that is happening, that perhaps has happened since at least 2012 (since 9/11 or Y2K?).
It’s a “put up or shut up” type energy. And I feel I’ve had too many unique experiences in my life to just sit on them as I try to “fit in.”
It’s like a dream I had many years ago. And in this dream, I was “told” point-blank that no matter how much I tried to be “normal,” I would always end up like Dana Scully left on the top of a mountain by a UFO.
Is the idea of “Mercury in Retrograde,” like my idea of dream information really meaning anything, just a self-fulfilling prophecy?
Odds n’ ends:
- So let me see if I understand this. Mueller report comes out. Michael Avenetti gets busted for allegedly trying to extort from Nike. Celebrity attorney Mark Geragos gets busted along with Avenetti. Geragos is the attorney for Jussie Smollet. Smollet just got his record wiped clean of all hoax charges by the Chicago PD in an “emergency meeting.”
- MIT Technology Review tries to get to the bottom of why all hipsters look the same.
- Tracy R. Twyman is blogging and tweeting again, which is a very cool thing. An example of “peak” Twyman: “Headline was already too big, but this article also gets into Salvador Dali, Marcel Duchamp, Hans Bellmer, and the Black Dahlia murder. Duchamp clearly knew something/was involved in Black Dahlia, & Zodiac clearly referenced his work & that murder in the clues he mailed out”
- Another example of peak Twyman: “Rosemary’s Baby as a deliberate parallel of Frank Sinatra’s life, his attempts to murder Dean Torrence of “Jan & Dean,” Sharon Tate & Roman Polanski’s close links to RFK murder, Frank’s vendetta against Polanski, & links w/ the molestation of Dylan Farrow!”
- “Charleston man who dons pharaoh garb gets DNA results linking him to Ramesses III”
- The University Of Michigan has lost a “mutant” rabbit from their labs. Quote from a doc acquired via FOIA: “an animal caretaker noted that a transgenic rabbit was missing from the vivarium.” Goes by the name of “Pooka.”
- Did you know that Howie Mandel actually still has a full head of hair, but shaves his head because he has a germ phobia? WELL NOW YOU KNOW!!!!
Am I the only one who got a Batman & Robin vibe from Colt Seavers and Howie Munson in Fall Guy?
And is there a more perfect overall TV intro than Magnum, PI? It’s a friggin’ Zen masyterpiece:
And then how can we forget Simon & Simon?
And some ritualized “time is a flat circle” fake Simon & Simon?
I think that’s it. Have a good (looks at calendar)…Tuesday.